Troubled by Acne Issues?
Why do we need to treat Acne skin issues?
Acne can worsen and form permanent scarring on the face or skin if left untreated, and it is also considered rather unsightly and may affect a person’s self-esteem and quality of life.
Patients need to be aware that active acne is considered a skin disease, so it is not readily treated with over-the-counter skincare products or non-medical beauty skincare providers. Accurate medical diagnosis and good clinical experience from a doctor are critical in providing the most effective medical treatments.
Who are prone to develop Acne issues?
Acne is a very common skin issue, and can still occur in middle-aged adults, especially in ladies above 30 years old onwards, so it is not just only confined to teenagers and adolescents, contrary to popular belief,
What is Acne?
Acne is a medical term to describe the spectrum of skin diseases that arise from oil glands in the skin. These include
- Excessive oiliness
- Comedones (clogged pores eg blackheads and white heads)
- Inflamed, red and painful acne papules and pustules (“pimples” or “zits” in laymen term)
- Inflamed, red and painful acne nodules and cysts (more severe and deep “pimples”).
- Acne scarring
What is Acne caused by?
Acne is caused by a complex interplay of genetics, hormonal influence (eg androgens), excessive sebum (oil) production, formation of comedones (blackheads and whiteheads), inflammation and infection from bacteria (P. acne) in the oil glands of the skin of the face, chest, and back.
Other factors that can aggravate Acne further
- Inappropriate squeezing at the lesions
- peri-menstrual flares for ladies above 30 years old
- unsuitable cosmetics (thick, greasy, comedogenic)
- diets that are high in sugar and diary products
- Hot humid climate
- Certain medications (topical or oral)
How One Face Clinic can help you.
Our doctor has years of clinical experience in acne treatment and prefers a personalized and friendly approach to address each patient’s concerns. During the preliminary consultation, our doctor will:
- Conduct an assessment of your acne issues
- Physically examine your acne problems and the health of your skin
- Evaluate the cause of your acne
- Discuss on suitable and customised options for your treatment
- Monitor treatment progress closely through photographs
Our doctor will advise on the suitability of using topical skincare products or oral medications as a first-line option to treat your acne issues.
- Detailed guidance on the use of topical skin care products and medications will be provided for you
- Feel free to approach our doctor or staff anytime if you have any concern or inquiry during your treatment period
Depending on the type and severity of your acne issues and your preferences, our doctor will also advise on using other external or non-drug treatments eg comedone extractions, acne laser, injections, etc.
- Our treatments are generally comfortable with minimal downtime
- We use high-quality medical equipment approved by the Health Science Authority of Singapore
We’d like to make the treatments Affordable for youMany patients are unaware that not all acne issues require laser treatments and some can be effectively treated with just topical skincare products or oral medications. Topical treatment starts from about $250 including doctor consultation fees. If laser treatments are required, our Laser Program starts from $1500.
We hope that patients do understand that there is no “one-size fits all” treatment plan. Every individual’s skin type is different, and depending on the type and severity of the acne, treatment costs can vary widely for everyone.
We highly recommend patients to come down for a full assessment (no obligation) by our doctor to devise a personalized treatment plan for you in order to more accurately gauge your cost of treatment.
We believe in delivering Results to you.
One Face Clinic has many patients with satisfactory results after our treatments.
Do you know?
However, due to local authority regulation, we are unable to illustrate the before and after photos on our website.
You may inquire on these photos when you visit us at One Face Clinic.