Troubled by Pigmentation Issues?
Why do we need to treat pigmentations?
To some, facial pigmentations are considered rather unsightly and may affect a person’s self-esteem and quality of life.
Patients need to be aware that pigmentations are considered skin diseases, so they are not readily treated with over-the-counter skincare products or non-medical beauty skincare providers.
Accurate medical diagnosis and good clinical experience from a doctor are critical in providing the most effective medical treatments.
Who are more prone to develop pigmentations?
Asian women and darker skin types are more prone to suffer from pigmentation issues, and those with excessive ultraviolet or sun exposure can certainly further aggravate the pigmentations.
What causes Pigmentations?
Pigmentations are generally caused a complex interplay of excessive ultraviolet or sun exposure, age, genetics, hormonal influence and even post skin injury.
What are the common types of pigmentations of cosmetic concerns?
Different types of pigmentation have their own unique characteristics and response to treatments, so each would require its own methods of treatment. Therefore there is no “one-size fits all” pigmentation treatments or even laser treatments.
- Symmetrical dark brown patches on both sides of the face or forehead
- Usually in middle aged Asian women of darker skin types
- Factors due to age, genetics, hormones (eg contraceptive pills, pregnancy), vascular and chronic sun/UV exposure
- Can look like “boundaries of a country” on your face
- Multiple tiny discrete brown spots over the cheekbones and nose
- Usually in the younger age group e.g. adolescents, young adults
- Can look like “pepper sprinkled on the face”
- Singular or a few dark spots
- Spots are usually roundish, discrete and uniform in color
- Usually occurring in those with chronic sun exposure.
- Can look like the “evening sun setting down”
- Cluster of dark greyish deep roundish pigmentations on the cheekbones, nose, or forehead
- Usually in middle aged Asian women
- Family members may also be affected
- Feathery looking pigmentations with blurred out margins
- Occurs after skin injury, inflammation or infections (eg. cuts and abrasions, acne breakouts, inappropriate squeezing of pimples, post skin procedures, unsuitable cosmetics, etc)
- Multiple, rough warty-looking, brown bumps with a “stuck-on” greasy appearance.
- Usually in the older age group, or runs in the family.
- Often mistaken as pigmentations or moles
- These bumps can be felt with your fingertips
How One Face Clinic can help you.
- Conduct an assessment of your pigmentation issues
- Physically examine your pigmentation problems and the health of your skin
- Evaluate the cause of your pigmentations
- Discuss on suitable and customised options for your treatment
- Monitor treatment progress closely through photographs
- Detailed guidance on the use of topical skin care products will be provided for you
- Feel free to approach our doctor or staff anytime if you have any concern or inquiry during your treatment period
Depending on the type and severity of your pigmentations and your preferences, our doctor will also advise on using other treatment options, e.g. pigmentation lasers.
- Our doctor will discuss on the estimated number of treatments required for you
- Our treatments are generally comfortable with minimal downtime
- We use high-quality medical equipment approved by the Health Science Authority of Singapore
We’d like to make the treatments Affordable for youWe hope that patients do understand that there is no “one-size fits all” treatment plan. Every individual’s skin type is different, and depending on the type and severity of the acne, treatment costs can vary widely for everyone.
We highly recommend patients to come down for a full assessment (no obligation) by our doctor to devise a personalized treatment plan for you in order to more accurately gauge your cost of treatment.
We believe in delivering Results to you. One Face Clinic has many patients with satisfactory results after our treatments.
Do you know?
However, due to local authority regulation, we are unable to illustrate the before and after photos on our website.
You may inquire on these photos when you visit us at One Face Clinic.